Patterns

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Little bit of Spring

Today, the weather has been great here in Ottawa. Not too hot, not too cold at 19C with the sun shinning. I'm not a hot weather person but I am looking forward to my first summer at my new house. I have a porch that I'm planning on spending a lot of time in once it gets painted. Right now its the green equivalent of Pepto-bismol. I also have a backyard that I'm excited about.

This is a picture of that hanky I made for a Valentine Hanky exchange. You can't see them but there are gold beads in the edging. I originally started using a different thread but realised I was going to run out of thread. I changed to a thread that was almost a full ball. The yellow flower is made out of Altin Basak polyester thread. A lot of people don't like using the polyester thread because its so slippery that the knots come undone but the shine of the thread is beautiful when tatted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......