Patterns

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summertime Goals

We've had the first truly hot day here in Ottawa so I thought that I would share some of my goals for the summer:

1.) Complete the TAT apprentice phase. I have thought about doing this for a couple years now but didn't really have the money to spare (even though its not expensive). Keep in mind that until last year the Canadian Dollar was significantly much lower than the USD. Naturally it required that I get more thread and I am waiting for the threads to arrive right now. Although I have LOTS of thread I have no size 20 cordonet thread. I have ordered flora thread size 20 from Handy Hands tatting.

2.) In January I bought a house that was basically gutted on the inside and with the help of my PARENTS (no, your children never grow up and stop depending on you) I am fixing it up. My goals for this summer is basically painting:

kitchen (2nd coat)- grey
trim- oxford white (inside and out, some are currently a very ugly green)
living room wainscoting and bathroom - beige/brown
bedrooms- unknown colors and probably wallpaper, in old houses you really don't have much of a choice.


3.) Vegetable garden- needs to be reclaimed from a very obnoxious weed


4.) running 5km 3 times a week, I also want to find a soccer league close to where I live


5.) Work on knitted lace. I am starting bobbin lace classes this fall and the teacher asked if I knew how to do knitted lace and I said yes. Apparently it makes a difference if you know other kinds of lace. I haven't done it in awhile so I need lots and lots of practice. I guess everyone is getting a lace scarf this fall. I'm doing some practice runs (the scarves) and then will start a doily... wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......