Patterns

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cursed! Cursed!

The strangest thing happens whenever I make something for my friend Sal...it ALWAYS breaks! She has a thing with jewelry that curses any jewelry that I make her to break. So far, nothing I have tatted her has broken but pretty much everything else does. I could do the crappiest job on a necklace for someone else and it will last for years but anything for Sal breaks. To fight this curse I spend lots of extra time on construction and still things go wrong!

This week I made her a necklace similar to one I had made myself. Mine is hastily made with cheap clasps and it has lasted months...hers lovingly made with good quality clasps didn't even make 5 minutes! The clasp broke pretty much the minute she touched it.

This has happened many, many, many times over the years. You'd think I'd stop trying but I'm still plotting. One day I'll break the curse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......