Patterns

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Funny world

Its strange how things work out...Martha Ess and I stayed at the same hotel so she caught a ride with me back to the hotel in the evenings. As a thank-you she gave me one of her Celtic teapots (picture below, pretty eh?). The really cool thing is that it matches the place mat, table runner and tea tin (made by Audrey Ryder) that I won in the silent Auction. So now I have a set which completely clashes with the pink, grey and blue of my kitchen but I use anyways. Mom may have to remake my curtains to suit my orange theme. Grey and orange match right?

6 comments:

  1. Grey and orange is actually a great fashion combo with the right shades! LOL!

    How cool that Martha gave you one of her teapots that she tatted herself! What an honor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT excuse to change the curtains!! Poor mom, though!!! I like strange colours together and I'm sure those will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you lucky? How wonderful to get to ride back and forth with Martha and receive one of her beautiful teapots! Who cares if they match? Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun for me but think of poor Martha trapped in my car for 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very lucky it is a beautiful tea pot. I am working on another set of tea pots to put in a tray under glass. I do love her patterns

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vickie,
    Thank you for your comments on my post today. It was so nice meeting you in Hector and getting to take a class with you! Martha's thank you gift is beautiful.. what a lovely teapot and it will go well with grey. I am glad you won Audry's quilted pieces..she does so great work!! Enjoy all your goodies and yeah new curtains sound good..nice that your mom will make them.

    Have a good day!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......