Patterns

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Just some pics...

I spent the weekend cleaning and reorganizing...really I'm not lying. Even though I ended up with a bigger mess I did most of my laundry and a lot of reorganizing. I also managed to start and finish a few items along the way. The picture on the left is what I made from some hearts, plastic beads, and yarn. I started making a garland, quickly got irritated and made a bunch of these instead. I think that the white yarn looks like wings so it's kinda a winged heart. Not really sure but I like the way they look.
I saw a pretty picture of wreath made from cupcake papers and a foam ring on tatertotsandjello@blogspot.com. My dollar store didn't have foam rings but they did have mirrors with a wide wreath-like edge for $2. So $2 more on cupcake papers and $1 on glue sticks got me this. The pink ribbon I had around the house and the gold wreath in the middle was from Christmas but also from the dollar store and I paid $2 for it at the time. The grand total of the mirror wreath was $7. Sweet!
Finally, I did some tatting. I made one of Tatbit's turtles from a patterns she generously shared on her blog: http://teritatbitdusenbury.blogspot.com/. I don't have any pictures of the turtle but I was very pleased. I really enjoyed the pattern.
My friend Pat is great lady and her birthday was on Tuesday. Pat celebrates her birthday all month long but I was lucky enough to have her booked for lunch on her actual birthday! She is a member of the Red Hat Society so I thought I should make her a bookmark in that theme. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the pattern I know is somewhere on the Internet so I made one up! This is more or less the finished bookmark, the only thing missing is the tassel. As you can see I was is a bead mood after Teri's turtle. I made another version as well but didn't like how I attached it to the metal hook.

I had so much fun with the flower on Pat's bookmark that I started fiddling with some flowers on hand. I stuck some on this hairband and on a few other things as well.
This Tuesday I heard sad news that Mary Konior has passed away. The legacy that she leaves behind is immense.









3 comments:

  1. What cute stuff! If you check Mark Myers' tatting pages, he has a very cute red hat pattern with purple flowers. If memory serves, Ruth Perry has a red hat pattern, too. I may even have it saved somewhere, if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very busy. I like all the neat stuff you did. I tend to get into my reorganizing moods too. Most time I get somewhere, other times not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the little bookmark you designed. Enjoyed reading through your blog today.
    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......