Patterns

Monday, March 8, 2010

A commitment to the 6 ring flower

Isn't it funny how you can always find time for the things you want to do? No time for cleaning but lots of time for tatting. Lots of time for tatting but no time for writing things down. I want to do a tutorial because I have a great idea for a magnetic needle minder. However, I can't seem to find the time to do the nitty-gritty details...like taking pictures. Originally the idea was that the needle minder would be part of a series about the 6 ring flower (classic pattern). Since you haven't seen any such series you can get my point about finding time. Witnesses tend to diminish my crimes of avoidance and procrastination so here is my statement of commitment:

The next few posts will involve projects that use the famous 6 (or 5 if you prefer) ring flower. If you have thread to use up these are great projects. Feel free to add beaded picots, graduated picots, and double picots. A basic pattern for the flower is:

R 4-4-4-4
R 4+ (3rd picot of previous ring) 4-4-4 repeat 4 times
R 4+ (3rd picot of previous ring) 4-4+ (1st picot of 1st ring) leave a 6 inch tail.

You get the idea! So watch out for the next post which will be a needle minder.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see this! I need an idea for cute little gifties! Should I go ahead and tat this flower first?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes please go ahead and tat the flower. Just leave about 3-6 inches of thread coiliz

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......