Patterns

Thursday, August 12, 2010

So sketchy...

My posting has been sketchy I admit it. I would like to blame someone else but its my fault. I keep leaving my stuff all over the place. Just as I realise that I have a slot for my photo card on my laptop and don't need my camera cord (lost but found) I misplace my camera. After 2 weeks of searching the house I finally find it at the clinic... in the last place I looked. You know how I feel about posts with no pictures so I've been immobilized too afraid to post without a picture!


So good news I have a picture and a pattern to post. Its a pattern based around a bead so you'll need to stick pretty close to the original thread size. I used DMC size 8 thread which is ridiculously easy to find and comes in a lot of colors (my sister bought a crap load at a bizarre). I'm thinking you can probably use size 20 tatting thread.


Bear Heart
Vicki Clarke 2010 victats@gmail.com
(click on title for hyperlink to word document)

Materials

bear bead (you can buy this bead by the 100's at a dollar store)
DMC size 8 thread wound CTM with 1 yard on shuttle. Size 20 tatting thread will work as well
ls- lock stitch
lj- lock join
DNRW- do not reverse work

Instructions
Start by pulling thread from top to bottom through bear bead and hold loop using a paperclip.

Ch1 ls 3-4-4-4 lj (to space held by paperclip) 4-4-4-4 lj (to beginning just under the lock stitch)

Round 2
Ch 8
R 3 + (to 1st p of Ch1) 3
Ch 12
R 3 + (to 2nd p of Ch1) 3
Ch 6
R 3 + (to 3rd p of Ch 1) 3 DNRW
Ch 8
R 3 - 3
Ch 8 DNRW
R 3 + (to 4th p of Ch1) 3
Ch 6
R 3 + (to 5th p of Ch1) 3
Ch 12
R 3 + (to 6th p of Ch1) 3
Ch 8 join back to beginning, cut and tie

If you have any questions or feedback about the pattern please let me know at victats@gmail.com. I'm working on making friends with Adobe so I can give you patterns in a better format but I'm computer dumb. It may take awhile.

8 comments:

  1. I bet this little heart will look great on some hair clips for my granddaughters.
    (is tardcab-word verification-a new form of transportation for Dr. Who??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been trying to figure out how to start a motif around a big bear button! Also, I know there is a good instructional on Jane E's website, but I have been too lazy to hunt it down.

    To my delight you posted this tonight! All clear now. I can use extrapolate and use my pattern, no probs.

    Thanks a ton!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it I wonder if you can use other buttons will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victats,
    Thankyou for sharing your beautiful work & pattern with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi victats i love your heart. Have used your pattern to tat a heart bead i had from a friend. I have added beads.I have added a picture of it on my blog Lady picot please add a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are free online programs where you can convert a word document to pdf. Is that what you're looking into - making the pattern a pdf file?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Vickie, love the design and also Lady Picots use of the heart button.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......