Patterns

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teddybear Pumpkin Zipper Pull


I meant to put this up in September but time got away from me.  The teddy bear bead used for the center can be found at Dollarstores or bead stores.  Its a very common bead but you can use a 6mm bead instead.  Really its just what you have handy.  I used DMC thread because I have a crap load of it but I think that size 20 tatting thread is a good substitue.  I made the pattern last year so I can't remember what other threads I tried at the time. 

Teddy Bear Pumpkin Zipper Pull

Vicki Clarke 2010 victats@gmail.com

Materials
2 yards DMC size 8 orange thread
Bear Bead ( or substitute a 6 mm bead)
Wind 1/2 yard on shuttle CTM with ball
Split ring finding (if making a necklace or zipper pul)
Green sequin (optional or substitute a green bead)
LS- lock stitch
lj- lock join

Instructions:
Pull thread through bear bead from bottom to top and hold loop using paperclip

Round 1
Ch1 LS 3 p 4 p 4 p 4 lj (to space held by paperclip) 4 p 4 p 4 p 4 lj (to beginning just under the lock stitch)

Round 2
Ch2 6
R 3+ (1st p of ch1) 3
Ch3 10
R 3+ (2nd p of ch1) 3
Ch4 8
R 3+ (3rd p of ch1) 3
Ch5 12 lj (to space above 1st lj on ch1)/ ball join to sequin and split ring finding (when pulling up the thread leave it slightly loose so the split ring can turn easily)
Ch6 12
R 3+ (4th p of ch1) 3
Ch7 8
R 3+ (5th p of ch1) 3
Ch8 10
R 3+ (6th p of ch1) 3
Ch9  6 join back to beginning. Cut and hide ends

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea for kids' clothes. Thanks.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute. I need to make some for my great grandkids. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute. I will half to make some for my great grandkids. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see a post from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vickie: Recently found your blog and have been looking through it. I have added some of your doodle patterns to my list of Tatted Doodles on the web and have two questions for you.

    First: Have you thought about posting the pattern for the snail you taught at Hector to your patterns? It's cute and I would like to get it and add it to the Tatted Doodles I have posted as a Google Doc for tatters to find.

    Second: Can you tell me which issue of Tatting Times Karey's Peep pattern is in? Another cutie that folks might enjoy if I tatted some to give away.

    Thanks for your help.

    Sheron

    PS: Please email reply, don't need to post this comment if you don't want to (and can edit this section out if you want to).\

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......