Patterns

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Now for something new...

I haven't been posting very much for the last year or 2.  Partly because of personal stuff and partly because I've been trying to learn the art of pattern writing.  Its harder than you think to make projects, write out the patterns and then proof those patterns.  I occasionally share pictures but then feel bad because I'm nowhere near publishing them.  I hate to be a tease! 

What I finally realised is that I need to start with something small.  So this summer I've worked on grouping a collection of pendants into a book. These patterns use semi-precious beads as the base for a tatted pendant.  The shapes and sizes of the stones vary and seeds beads are used in a few patterns.  The book contains diagrams and full color pictures of the pendants.  I've called it "Tatting the Stone" (I stole the title from Romancing the Stone.  Do you remember that movie? I love that movie.) 

The book will be available this weekend for the first time anywhere this weekend at the Fringe Element Tatting Weekend.  Tatting the Stone has 22 pages with 16 patterns. 


The cover of the book

A few of the pendants included in the book.

14 comments:

  1. I was very impressed with the stones and patterns you put in the tat bags (thank you) I hope you do well with the book and yes writing out patterns is difficult but well worth the effort when you see the results of your labours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great! Congratulations. I do know how difficult it is to write up the pattern! You should be very proud of this accomplishment.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great i cant wait to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, what an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very exciting! I wish you much success with your book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks a great book and some lovely pendants, well done, when can we in the uk buy the book, It will have to go on my wish list for now, but I am interested in your book
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can I buy that lovely book? Those are beautiful pendants.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see you DID go with the comb binding. Congrats! It's a great group of patterns, and I love test tatting the ones you sent me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And when can and where can those of us out here in cyber land purchase a copy? I too was impressed with my "kit" from Palmetto tat days....very nice of you to share.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had such fun test tatting for you. The pendants look really interesting. Congrats on the new pattern book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great....when will those of us not going to Fringe Element be able to buy it? I was lucky to receive on of them in my Palmetto tat day bag and I am wanting to tat more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank-you all so much for your congratulations. I'm overwhelmed by all the encouragement I've received from everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These designs look really fun! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your book of pendants looks great - luv the title LOL - I would be interested in a copy - how would I go about getting one? - Bridget in Western Australia

    ReplyDelete

Anyone out there? Say hi if you are......